Thursday, July 4, 2013

DIY Patriotic Manicure - With Foil Stars and Glitter Glue!

DIY Patriotic Fourth of July American Flag Manicure - Nail art video tutorial #nailart #manicure #nails


Happy Fourth of July, everyone! I have to admit this wasn't a planned post. I just woke up this morning and thought, darn it! I wanna do something FUN today. So I decided to do a little patriotic nail art with what I had available...which turned out to be some aluminum foil, some glitter glue, and a little bit of nail polish. Hmmm, well, you know what? It turned out pretty great if I do say so myself, and I didn't have to make a run to the store, so in my book, that makes it 10x more awesome :)

I also made it into my very first video for my new YouTube channel, which is something I have been wanting to do for a while. (I keep my other channel specifically for jewelry making tutorials, so random fun things like funky nail art designs and other such distractions don't exactly fit in, I think?) So yeah. 15 hours later, here is the finished post and edited video. And there goes my 4th of July, LOL!


Anyway, I'm sure this isn't much use to you for this year's festivities, and I hope you'll forgive my last-minute how-to post...I just really wanted to share. But hey, I'm totally helping you plan waaaaay ahead for next year!

I'd love to hear what you think!



You can grab the star hand punch here, and the nail art pens (in various colors) here. If you want to go with glitter glue, (hey, why not??)  there's some here. Have a suggestion for a perfect blue glitter nail polish for this mani? Let me know! (I'm obviously too lazy to find one for myself :)
> Click here if you wanna see last year's 4th of July nail art tutorial



No comments:

Post a Comment